Sunday, August 24, 2003

Son of WV Congressman sought in Virginia, out on bond in WV

As reported here, the son of WV Congressman Rahal is allowed to stay at home in connection with arrest on a fugitive warrant from Virginia.

It seems to me I once examined the issue of whether the circuit court could set a bond for a fellow who was to be extradited to one of the New England states, and for better or worse either I lost on the issue or gave it up. My recollection is that the man got into some trouble in Bristol and while in jail the authorities figured out there were these old outstanding warrants on him from this other state. It took almost as long for the other state to decide whether they wanted him as it did for the guy to get back to Bristol after he was taken up there. (My advocacy did not prevent his extradition.)

No comments: