Tuesday, October 05, 2004

From the field to the truck to the stockyard . . . to the arteries

Waldo has this post in which he explains why it is that he no longer eats junk food. My uncle Tim and I had a somewhat analogous discussion about my cousin Mara, who has gone off to medical school in Richmond, and will not, he says, eat barbecue. (We had this discussion over lunch under the pink pigs at Sharon's in Kingsport.)

I would say that I'll never give up on junk food, but lately I've been doing a lot of reading about the whole food process for this new case under the Packers and Stockyards Act. . . which reminds me, there are websites where you can make a map of what states you have been in. (Just last week, my parents checked North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska off their list of states to see and yes, they went to Bear Country, but I digress.) There ought to be something similar, where you can check off the titles of the U.S. Code under which you have had a case. Titles 9, 11, 18, 26, 28, 29, and 42 are the easy ones, everybody goes there. I've now been to Title 7 - probably the first time anyone has opened that particular volume of the Code in this office.

No comments: