Monday, April 28, 2003

President Bush nominates Glen Conrad for the W.D. Va.

This press release from the White House names Magistrate Judge Glen Conrad to fill the vacancy created by the senior status of Judge James Turk. The same release names Allyson Duncan and Claude Allen as nominees to the Fourth Circuit, to fill the vacancies following the deaths of Judge Ervin and Judge Murnaghan, respectively.

Judge Conrad I know more by reputation than from personal observation. He has been magistrate judge since the 1980s. My grandmother told me once that I was somehow related to Judge Conrad, and to me, he looks quite like my Conrad relatives from Christiansburg, but the one time I asked him about this he suggested diplomatically, without wanting to contradict anyone's dear old grandma, that the facts were otherwise.

No comments: