Tuesday, September 23, 2003

More on the case of the unconstitutional landfill fee

Now that the Virginia Supreme Court declared the landfill fee in Wise County unconstitutional , there is the mess of figuring out what to do about it, and the Coalfield Progress has this article on the County's effort to decide on a game plan and this article on the effort on federal court litigation brought by some fee-payers seeking refunds.

I've been thinking about the Virginia Supreme Court's opinion, but I have so many ideas about how terrible the opinion is and what might be ways around it that I don't have time enough to figure out whether any of them are worthwhile. I think that I mostly agree with the analysis of the county attorney, to the extent that I understand from the paper what she is saying.

No comments: