Saturday, September 11, 2004

My favorite parts of the forgery debate

This interesting post says: "When I first started using Word 2001 for the Mac (after several years with WordPerfect), one of the first things I did was turn off this annoying 'feature'. I don't want my 'th's and 'st's superscripting themselves. It looks fussy and unprofessional, in my opinion. . . ." Here, here. It is just the kind of nutty thing that I would obsess over.

The analyst also picks up on "curly quotes" in the alleged forgeries. Curly quotes are something else I rant about from time to time.

Another favorite: "Even though you are only supposed to type one period after a space when using proportional fonts, most people use two." - from a comment to this Beldar post. Somewhere I wrote a post about this, and even got a link to it from Jerry Lawson.

When the people in my office file a petition to have me committed, they will use my poison e-mails on these and like topics.

No comments: