Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Maybe they can get Ralph Stanley for a similar event in Grundy

In the small world department, here is a law school offering regarding Bruce Springsteen from the Widener School of Law in Harrisburg, PA.

Way back when, I lived in Lancaster (which is almost Harrisburg), and there was some live music bar there where legend had it that Bruce Springsteen would show up unadvertised from time to time and jam with the regular band there, which was called the Sharks.

I went in there one time, sometime between 1985 and 1988, and sure enough there was a band, and the front men were these two bearded guys, and they were singing a cover version of one of the songs from the pop band called Heart. And I said to the people with me, I'm not complaining or anything, but those two bearded guys sound just like the Wilson sisters, and that's really weird, two guys belting out in falsetto, "What about love, don't you want someone to care about you."

No comments: