Sunday, July 03, 2005

Will President Bush appoint a woman to replace Justice O'Connor?

Professor Bainbridge posts here on Judge Edith Jones of the Fifth Circuit.

This story from the State in South Carolina suggests Judge Karen Williams of the Fourth Circuit. UPDATE: So does this story from the Times & Democrat.

I like Judge Williams, since she voted for my side in a couple of cases, and everything I've ever seen or heard of her is to the good.

I can't say, however, that I am on a first-name basis with her or any of the court of appeals judges. Here's a typical, verbatim exchange from Saturday morning at the Homestead:

Judge Williams (apparently walking back from somewhere as my wife and I go to breakfast): "Good morning, good morning."
Me (at the top of my game): "Gmm."
My wife (as we keep walking): "Who was that?"
Me: "That was one of the judges."
My wife: "She looks awfully fit."

No comments: