Tuesday, December 20, 2005

On the passing of a Southwest Virginia blogger

From Smyth County, Julie Whitt wrote Breath of Heaven, and her friends wrote about her here. In her writing, she was full of love and hope, hope for a day when she could be healthy, and be a mom, and grow old with her husband.

On December 12, 2005, a week before she died, she wrote this post, which says in part:

"It’s not easy being stuck in a body that doesn’t work, but at least I have a chance at a way out. There’s a commercial that reminds me of me. A girl is walking down a city street listening to her mp3 player. She passes a building with reflective windows and you see her reflection dancing to the music. In reality she’s just walking, but she’s dancing in her mind. I’ve been dancing in my head for 17 years. I’m very eager to be the girl dancing in the reflection."

No comments: