Friday, April 18, 2008

Where's Waldo?

We're in Charlottesville this weekend, but didn't make it anywhere near the Rotunda, or wherever it is that Waldo Jaquith does his webmastering.

Instead, we're roughing it out here at the Boar's Head, up from Birdwood.

Years ago, I was playing golf with Scott Michaux at the newly-opened Birdwood course, when he made his first eagle on the second hole or whatever is the first par 5 alongside the lake, but he said the joy of the moment was somewhat dulled by the fact that I scored a 12.

If you're quick enough, you can check out this latest column from Young Scottie.

UPDATE: On Saturday, we went down to the Grounds, and ambled through all ten of the Pavilion gardens, where all was in bloom, and in the process snuck behind "Hotel A," which is where Waldo J. actually works.

And that's good, one less thing - no interruptions over there from Cavalier Man on Saturdays in the fall - like that time he smote the Yellow Jacket in the Dome Room, with the aid of The Coach.

1 comment:

Waldo Jaquith said...

I'm not in the Rotunda, though right next door. :) We're in Hotel A, the building closest to the chapel. The Boar's Head offers some pretty nice digs -- not that I've ever stayed there -- so I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Mmmm...Bodo's. Now I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow. :)