Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Here's Waldo

Some fellow in Blacksburg, having emigrated from Charlottesville, has added me to his blogroll - and he has this commentary on the upcoming session of the General Assembly, including the text of his letter to Del. McDonnell.

Unrelated to this, some time ago I discovered that Virginia Tech has had a president named Minor and another named Conrad. It says here that Minor was ousted for a fist fight with a professor, while Conrad was a spy for the Confederacy, and at one time was suspected to be a co-conspirator to the Lincoln assassination. I can understand how it is that none of my Minor or Conrad relatives brought this history to my attention, and that there is no Minor Hall in Blacksburg (though there is this one in Charlottesville).

No comments: