Thursday, February 24, 2005

Group opposes Fourth Circuit nominee Judge Boyle, wants to see unpublished opinions

Here some outfit demands "the full, immediate disclosure of Judge Boyle's unpublished District Court opinions." Well, I don't know, I would have thought those opinions are down at the courthouse in an order book, where they can copy them for something like 50 cents a page.

Or, they can be obtained through the federal archives. I picture a warehouse sort of like the closing scene in the movie, "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

I had a conversation not too long ago with an examiner in the federal Trademark office. She was talking about the conversion from paper to e-filing. They still keep the paper somewhere. I mentioned the scene from the movie. She laughed and said all federal employees know about that scene.

No comments: