Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ditto on Judge Janice Rogers Brown

I agree with this SST post that the Republicans should make Judge Janice Rogers Brown a No. 1 test case in the Senate, and here's why - first, she got a better percentage of the vote in California than did Bill Clinton, and second, I enjoyed this one speech of hers that was on my graduation speech list, including the following, which strikes me as hilarious:

We once welcomed law students by inviting them into the brotherhood. Now, with so many women in the profession that no longer seems right. But, we can certainly understand why our brethren would not wish to be part of a sisterhood. A friend of mine, Justice Vance Raye, came up with the perfect solution. He said, from now on we should just call it the “hood.” So, let me be the first to welcome you … to the “hood.”

No comments: