Sunday, August 28, 2005

Those liberal law professors

This account in the NY Times of a recent study into the political campaign contributions of law school professors begins: "Professors at the best law schools are generally assumed to be overwhelmingly liberal, and now a new study lends proof. But whether the ideological imbalance matters - to the academic environment students encounter, to the kinds of lawyers the schools produce and to the stock of ideas the professors generate - depends on whom you ask."

The article notes that at the University of Virginia, the contributions were split about 50/50 between Democrats and Republicans.

When I went to law school at William & Mary, one of my friends from the University asked me what it was like. Near as I can tell, the professors are all liberals, I said, not that I knew much about them. She decided to go there, in spite of them or in spite of me, I'm not sure which.

No comments: