Tuesday, October 11, 2005

On Bill Hobbs

It says here that Tennessee blogging guru Bill Hobbs is cutting back.

Bill Hobbs has been one of my favorites for years.

One thing in particular I appreciate was that he guaranteed by way of a link back that hundreds of people (the most ever, at the time) read this 2003 post, which says:

---

Bill Hobbs of HobbsOnline says here that he gets a check from his mother in the amount of his age times $1 each year for his birthday. He figures he's losing the battle with time but beating inflation.

That story reminds that my grandmother, who died on August 12, 2002, at the age of 86, would send me each year for my birthday, even after I was a practicing lawyer, a birthday card (sometimes a few days late) with a handwritten note saying how well she remembered getting the long-distance call from Kentucky when I was born and how proud she was that I was her grandson, and inside the card was a one dollar bill. (Unlike Bill Hobbs, I got no cost-of-living adjustment from her, but her list of people to whom she sent cards grew larger as I grew older.)

--

Thanks, Bill.

No comments: