Sunday, March 26, 2006

On law professors

The good judge at Have Opinion, Will Travel says this, response to the recent musings online about why law professors don't have more fun:

"I have long done a bit of teaching as an adjunct at a couple of different law schools and I think that Professor Livingston makes an interesting point with one caveat. The law faculty I interact with seem to fall into a couple of categories. One group consists of professors with a mindset that 'it is all about turning out good lawyers.' In other words, the students come first last and always. The other group seems to consist of professors with an 'it's all about me' approach where the focus is simply on demonstrating that you know more about the subject matter than anyone else on the planet and members of this group seem to me to be indifferent to whether anyone actually learns anything."

No comments: