Monday, February 18, 2008

More on the Exam Dream

Previously, I've written about The Exam Dream, my own personal version of which most commonly involves Lynda Butler, who at different points in her life taught first calculus and later the Rule Against Perpetuities, and such other and further details as Old Cabell Hall and no bluebook.

Now, she is the acting Dean of the Law School, as the result of the musical chairs since Gene Nichol quit. Whether this will have an effect on my subconscious, only time can tell.

The funny thing is, Professor Butler was not especially cruel or unusual way back when; in my last dealings with her, she liked my paper on impact fees, even though subsequent history has shown my "intermediate scrutiny" thesis based on Nollan v. California Coastal Commission to be mostly wrong, after the Supreme Court's 2005 decision in Lingle v. Chevron.

No comments: