Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Not much hope for defense of Ten Commandments display in Sullivan County

According to this report, the attorney for Sullivan County will defend the Ten Commandments display in Blountville if asked, but he is not optimistic that a court would not order its removal.

Dan Street is the county attorney, which I think is an elected position in Sullivan County. A long time ago, he came to a Bristol TN bar meeting and introduced himself, and he made no particular impression, but in subsequent years as I have mostly read and sometimes heard of his work since he took office, it is my impression that he does a good job for the county, which has what seems to me like an governing structure, so many commissioners (24 of them listed here) I would expect that it would be difficult to much done.

No comments: