Sunday, June 15, 2003

Candidates set for constitutional office elections in SW VA

They're back. Not the cicadas (they're back, too) - the county politicians, with elections this fall for the constitutional offices, boards of supervisors, and school boards in almost every Southwest Virginia jurisdiction. Mike Still has this summary of the candidates.

The races that are most interesting to me, obviously, are those for Commonwealth's attorney, with contested races in Lee County, Scott County, Wise County, Dickenson County, and Washington County. Some of the lawyers running are good friends of mine, some I've never met. Many of the other candidates are people I've met, or even represented. The Democratic candidate for my district on the Board of Supervisors has been a friend of my family for over 30 years.

The only prediction I am willing to make is that Terry Rohr will be elected Clerk of Court in Bristol (she is unopposed.)

No comments: