Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The online legal research proposal for all Virginia lawyers

VLW is reporting this week that: "Fastcase, a legal research company based in Alexandria, submitted the only proposal late last month in response to the Virginia State Bar's request for ways to provide online legal research service to every member of the organization."

Somebody talked me into paying for a trial subscription to Fastcase several years back. I generally like to play with new programs of any kind, but I hated this one, never used it more than a few times, and felt like a fool for having paid anything for it. Supposedly, it was written to be a "better" research tool, but I never saw any advantage to it of any kind, except that I suppose it could be cheaper than Lexis or Westlaw.

No comments: