Friday, December 16, 2005

On Junior Cox and the Feed Room

I hope that fans of the Feed Room downtown in Bristol read this article on Junior Cox and will go by there before the restaurant closes at the end of the month and give him and Mary Ann all the money that's in your pocket and shake hands with Jean - out of admiration for a job well done.

I guess I've eaten there 100 times, and had take-out delivered by Junior another couple dozen times, including three meetings in a row last month. Anybody who had a lunch meeting with me in my office in the past five years (or is it 10?) got chicken salad in a pita, vegetable soup, chips, and sweet tea from the Feed Room. It has been my wife's favorite place to eat lunch in Bristol.

The Feed Room space was a lunch counter back at the time of this postcard of State Street from the 1940s, which shows the H.P. King building on the right.

No comments: