Thursday, January 17, 2013

On Judge Williams

This post contains the text of a speech I gave about Judge Glen Williams in 2002. I went to his funeral a few weeks ago and did nothing really to comfort anyone, absorbed instead with my own thoughts about how my own life has been affected by having him as an employer, mentor, and friend. There have been many times when I have tried to get through the dilemmas of the moment by asking myself what would he think, how would this argument work with him, would this make sense to him. Sometimes I went so far as to call him up and ask him directly, but even when I did not, I could hear his voice in my head: "Steve, all in the world there is to this . . . ." I'm glad he is past the sufferings of age and illness, but I will miss him for the rest of my days.

No comments: